Thursday, December 29, 2022

Song. Anastacia "I've Paid my Dues"

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iUTRUovNb0


Listen to some upbeat music from Anastacia to make up from these days' stress.


I've Paid my Dues

You can say what you want about meWant to do what you want to meBut you cannot stop me
I've been knocked down it's a crazy townEven gotta punch in the face in l.a.Ain't nothin' in the world that can keep me from doing what I want to do'Cause I'm too proud, I'm too strong, live by the code that you gotta move onFeeling sorry for yourself ain't got nobody nowhere
So I (held my head high)Knew I (knew I'd survive)Well I made it (I made it)Don't hate it (don't hate it)That's just the way it goes
Yeah
I done made it throughStand on my own twoI paid my dues yeahTried to hold me downYou can't stop me nowI paid my dues
So like I told youYou cannot stop meI paid my dues yeah
Now I'm still trusted everyday and people try to mess with AnastasiaGotta another thing comin' 'cause I have a mind and I thought I'd better let you knowI'm no punk I can't get down, I don't give a damn about who's aroundThat's worked just fine 'til now
So I (held my head high)Knew I (knew I'd survive)Well I made it (i made it, don't hate it)WoahThat's just the way it goes
Yeah (i done made it through)Oh I'll stand on my own twoI paid my dues, yeahTried to hold me downYou can't stop me nowI paid my dues
Yeah yeah yeah
Took so long to get me hereBut I won't live in fearAre you tryin' to steal my shine?First they want to build you upThen they tear you downIt's a struggle, tryin' a bubble
So I (held my head high)Knew I... (knew I'd survive)Woah woah woah (I made it, don't hate it)
Said that's just the way.....I said I paid my, I paid my duesYeah yeah yeahBut you can't stop me now
I paid my, paid my due... oh woah woah woahOh I paid my I paid my duesYeahBut you can't stop me nowI paid my dues

No comments: